May 13, 2009

Champion's arrival and foster home

Volunteer, Cheryl C. and family, welcomed Champion at the airport and into their home. Cheryl has been taking lots of photos and sends this update...

When I first read Champ's story and saw his video, it broke my heart so I e-mailed Barbara immediately and offered to foster him when he got here. Well, he is here now and doing great. He is such a sweetheart with that Golden personality in spite of all that he has been through...abandoned on the street, hit by a van, surgery on hips, long plane ride, etc. Every day he's getting a little stronger. By the weekend, I'm hoping that we can get him into the pool for more therapy on his hips but it's encouraging to see a little progress each and every day.


It is such a pleasure to provide him with love and comfort while he heals and rehabilitates. It's so heartwarming to see the look of gratitude in his eyes. We can only imagine the horrors he has seen. I know it will be very difficult to let him go but the joy of seeing him happy in a forever home will make it all worthwhile...and then I can go on to help another. Thanks for this privilege.