February 13, 2010

Postcard from Rita's Mars

Hi All:

I have been in the states almost three months now (since 11/25) and I can't tell you how happy I am...and I have really gotten good with the English language!  I guess you can say that I am now bilingual!  Click here to watch me:

Mars knows his commands in English:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW9rJ5_ACtg

My life has really improved since Rita and MJ saved me.  I have a little Yorkie girlfriend, Rosie, many feline brothers and sisters and a never ending list of foster dogs and cats.  It is animal heaven here.  I love sleeping in bed with my mom and dad... if they stay up too late, I usually beat them to bed.  LOL  My mom, Cheryl, was looking for me one night and there I was in bed knocked out.  I also love hanging out in her office, lounging on the couch or resting at her feet.  Our outings are a blast too and I love walking in this quiet neighborhood.

I am so excited about tomorrow because I'm going to meet my cousin, Maggie's Champion, and his mom and dad (David and Sonsee) and his canine sister, Lani.  We're meeting at Park Bench Cafe (a dog friendly restaurant) in Huntington Beach.  I hear they have great burgers!  Yummmmmmy!

Life could not be better and I have Rita and MJ in Taiwan and Barbara Davis and GRCGLAR in USA to thank.  Here's a video of my story for those who have not seen it.  My transformation is truly a miracle!

Story About Mars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff4GaenewqU

I wish people would stop saying that rescue dogs have "issues."  While some may (and you will know who those are), most are happy, loving and excited about starting a new life.  If anything, we just need time to adjust to a new environment which is so normal.  That could be one day or many.  I needed none. 

With love, Mars Cook, Los Angeles

















Click here to view my photo album.