June 22, 2010

Pang-Pang's first day

I want to let you know that Pang Pang was great all the way home.  She and Petey slept through most of the drive.  I stopped by my daughter’s and both dogs ran into her back yard FULL of energy!  We no longer have to question whether Pang Pang swims.  When she saw the kids in the pool she jumped in immediately and Petey was right behind her.  He has never shown any interest in the pool so it was quite a shock!  Erin’s three dogs ran around barking and the kids yelled with excitement, as Petey and Pang Pang swam like Olympians!  There is no way to describe it.  I can’t remember when I have laughed so hard!  My daughter instantly fell in love with Pang Pang and must have thrown her 100 balls.  She reminds us both of our Golden, Esprit, with her beautiful face, fun loving ways and gentle spirit.

We arrived in Wildomar around 8:00 pm and Pang Pang was very curious about her new home.  She explored every inch of our house and yard, as Petey followed.  He is quite smitten with our beautiful girl and is very interested in her every move and sound.  Surprisingly he does not appear to be the least bit jealous.  It will be interesting to see if he behaves differently when Max returns tomorrow.

Marty, as you said, she is quite the chow hound!  She ate a good dinner and tried for Petey’s.  He would have gladly let her have it but I promised to watch her weight so she only ate her portion.

Right now they are both at my feet and we are all tired and ready for bed.  Something tells me they will both snuggle with me tonight and we will all sleep well. She is an absolute doll and I am thrilled she is here.  I know she will be spoiled but promise it will be a “good” spoiled.

Thanks again for helping make it possible for us to have her.

Sharron